Tavistock Physio Clinics at Lamerton, Tavistock PL19 8QA and also at 9 Plymouth Road, Tavistock PL19 8AU and Leg O Mutton, Yelverton PL20 6AA
Appointments: Mon - Fri 8am - 7.30pm
Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury or disease by stimulating the body's own healing process. It can assist in the treatment of back and neck pain, sports injuries,soft tissue injuries, muscular pain, osteoarthritis and joint care.
We recognise that you are unique and require a personal treatment plan. Our qualified and highly experienced physiotherapists use a combination of techniques to resolve your pain fast and get you active again. But thatís just the start. Once we have removed your pain, we want to help you improve your health and fitness, to get the most from life.
At your initial assessment our physiotherapists will take the time to learn about you and what you do. They will thoroughly assess you, allowing them to diagnose the cause of your pain and create a treatment plan tailored to you and your goals, with a clear understanding of what can be done to help you.
What will my treatment involve?
Your treatment will consist of a combination of the following:
- Biomechanical body and foot assessment
- Spinal or joint assessment manipulation, mobilisation
- Soft tissue massage / manipulation
- Sports massage, Soft tissue Massage, Myofascial release, Trigger Point Massage
- Pilates exercise/ Core stability
- Home exercise programmes
- Personal fitness / training programmes
- Foot orthotics / shoe insoles fitted to your feet and needs
- Advice about your injuries and education.
You do not need a GP referral before making an appointment,unless using Private Health Insurance. Most insurance companies require a letter of referral prior to your initial appointment.